Saturday 13 July 2013

Just Be You

Hey Lovelies, here's a personal post for you I haven't done one in ages and thought you would like to read this.

Image from Google.

I think everyone in their life at sometime is trying to figure out who they are and where they belong.

Over the last year I've figured out who I was and I learnt not to be ashamed of who I am and to do what I want without a fear of what people will think of me.

When I was at school I felt ashamed of myself I was being bullied for who I was and I thought that I needed change to be someone else so people would accept me and that I would fit in. From my experience I learnt that only true people  will accept you for who you are and won't change you and will believe in you and you don't need to listen to what anyone else thinks just be you.

Always be yourself and don't try to mould into what you think other people want to see, it's better to be unique than everyone being an identical copy of each other. If you do want to change who you are, do it for you and not anyone else.

Everyone is individual and unique and that is why you can often be picked on or bullied for it but you should just stand up to people like that and say this is who I am and I'm not going to change for anyone, people could bully you just because they like the qualities you have and who you are and sometimes it's just to get a reaction out of you, you should just  try to ignore them.

You will always have people who don't like you but you don't need to worry about it, the only people that do like you and love you for who you, are the people that matter.

We all have flaws and imperfections that you might want to change but these also make us who we are and even if people point them out they are a part of you, you can change them but you can also learn to live with them.

I know that trying to figure out who you are when your younger can be difficult and scary but know that your not alone and everyone goes through it and always be true to yourself.

All I really wanted to say is just be you, it's okay to be different, just do what you want and don't let people change you.

I hoped you enjoyed the post and if you ever need someone to talk to I'm always here for you, you can email me at acmakeuplover@gmail.com or tweet me @ashleighcarrxx

Ashleigh xx

7 comments:

  1. This is a great advice Ashleigh, I've been working to interiorise this frame of mind for years.
    xoxo
    Coco et La vie en rose
    Coco et La vie en rose on Bloglovin
    Coco et La vie en rose on Facebook
    (Please don't forget to follow me via bloglovin if you haven't already. Huge thanks!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yeah it's better to think that way and I will have a look :) xx

      Delete
  2. Such great advice! It took me a long time to actually work out who I was and how to be comfortable with that rather than constantly trying to make myself different. I think it's really hard to stay confident doing this, constantly putting ourselves out there!

    Maxine, xx
    beautybeatsbooks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah I think it's the same for most people :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hey Lovely! I just stopped by to say Hi and to let you know I'm following your blog via Bloglovin now! Mind following my Blog too? <3 ♥♥ Click here to follow my Blog on Bloglovin ♥♥ | http://www.theinsideoutbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really nice of you to share personal thoughts on life. I find that it can go either when you get bullied during childhood; drown in sorrow or stand up and become an inspiration. You are the second one!

    Olivia xxx
    Beauty from the Fjord
    Current giveaway: Beautecobox (beauty box)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yeah I totally agree at the time I was negative but once I got over I learnt to stand up for myslef and thank you very much, so nice of you :) xxx

      Delete