Wednesday 16 October 2013

Keeping Your Lips In Good Condition

Hey Lovelies, hope your all having a nice day even though if your in the UK and it's chucking it down.

If your like me during the colder months especially in the winter, my lips get dry and flaky and these are the products that I use to help my lips to stay in good condition and so they look alright when I apply lipstick, let's be honest you don't want to wear lipstick with flaky patches on your lips.

.First off I use the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub, this is £5.50 which I think is a reasonable price, you could also make your own lip scrub for cheaper so here's a link on how to. I just take some of the scrub and in circular motions rub it around my lips to get the dry flaky skin off, then the excess you can take off with a wipe or you can lick it off, the Lush lip scrubs do taste really nice. The scrub does really help if you have dry, flaky and chapped lips it evens it out and leaves them in good condition.

Then you can use Lip Balm or Vaseline, my favourite lip balm is the Burt's Bees one and is £3.69 but you could use any you have. The lip balm or Vaseline will keep your lips nice and nourished, soft and moisturised. 

After doing both these steps your lips will be soft and in good condition so when you apply lipstick it will look good.

It's just a short post but I hope you enjoyed.

Do you have any tips or tricks to keep your lips in good condition, then leave a comment below.


Ashleigh xx

21 comments:

  1. Ahh the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub is one of my all time faves! That with the combination of your fave lip balm is perfection :D

    Sophia Meola | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want that lip scrub!!! looks so nice and bet it smells amazing. love that vaseline too :)

    www.beckysbeautique.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great I recommend it and vaseline is the best :) xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Lush scrub, mine's nearly run out *sob*
    I've never tried Burt's Bees balm but it always sounds lovely!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I would be sad too when mine runs out, yeah it is xx

      Delete
  4. I love the lush lipscrubs :) iv been told that Vaseline dehydrate's your lips more, I dont know if its true or not but i use carmax it lasts longer on your lips :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's great and alright I didn't know that :) x

      Delete
  5. Lovely post!
    I really want to try the lush lip scrub! something on my current wishlist!

    Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you should it's great :) xx

      Delete
  6. My lips are so sore and chapped as I write this, I definitely need that lip scrub, it sounds amazing :)

    Rosie
    x
    therunwayrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should try it, it will help :) x

      Delete
  7. Heard wonderful things about that Burt's Bees lip balm. Great post :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a good lip balm and thank you :) x

      Delete
  8. Have heard wonderful things about the Burt's Bees lip balm. Great post :-)

    Love, Christine♥
    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post - I have the lush popcorn lip scrub that I love and I have the ELF version too which is in a lipstick form x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I've not tried the elf one x

      Delete
  10. My lip condition is terrible at the moment. They look very chapped. I apply lip balm on daily basis, it helps a little, but I might give Lush lip scrub a go as that might make a big difference :)

    Beauty from the Fjord xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should it will help, it helps me anyway but mine aren't in too bad condition :) xx

      Delete
  11. I love the bubblegum lip scrub, although, my favourite is the mint julips one :)

    Georgina
    www.makeup-pixi3.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the bubblegum it's so nice and I've not tried that one :) x

      Delete