Saturday 9 November 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me

Hey Lovelies, hope your all having a nice day, here's another review for you and it's on the famous baby lips, I'm a little late to this bandwagon but I still thought I would share my thoughts with you.
I decided on Cherry Me as it looked like a great shade and the most pigmented out of them all, there is 6 baby lips all together 3 which are just clear lip balms with SPF Mint Fresh, Intense Care and Hydrate and 3 that are tinted Cherry Me, Peach Kiss and Pink Punch, I like both clear and tinted but I went for the tinted one, they are £2.99 which is a bargain.

Maybelline say, "Baby Lips lip balm from Maybelline New York gives intense care and 8 hour hydration, and is nourishing for baby soft lips. Its clinically tested formula has a hint of colour and leaves lips feeling soft and smooth." Which I agree with but doesn't last 8 hours.

They smell really nice and fruity, this one obviously smells like cherry but it's not a too strong scent, they are really moisturising and hydrating on the lips. 

The pigmentation is quite sheer in comparison to the Revlon Lip Butters which are a lot more pigmented. It lasts a couple of hours on my lips.

You can wear the baby lips on the own or over a lipstick, I've been really liking wearing it over a lipstick and it keeps my lips really nourished and moisturised.

Cherry Me is quite glossy and when applied comes out a pink not a cherry colour like in the name.

I think the packaging is really nice and cute but really simple.

Here's a swatch:
It's a really nice pinky shade.

Overall I do really like the Baby Lips but they have been over hyped for what they are and they aren't the best tinted lip balm I've tried.

What do you think to the Baby Lips?


Ashleigh xx

18 comments:

  1. I bought the plain one (stupid moment of madness) and I really didn't like it :( I didn't think it was any better than a normal, cheaper lip balm. I wish I had gone for a colourful one like you did, at least then it would have been different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked them but didn't love them! Think they were quite over hyped! A lip balm is a lip balm in my opinion. I do use them but I have other balms that I prefer.

    CazmosWorld

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like these but this one has to be my favourite! i love the colour it gives

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only own this one but it's my favourite too :) xx

      Delete
  4. I much prefer the Revlon lip butters to these, although the lip butters are very overpriced for a drugstore tinted lips balm. I think these are much more of a bargain :)

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that they are over hyped, the one you swatched here is a nice colour, but I don't think it's a product I'll be purchasing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I do like them but I don't think I will be buying anymore x

      Delete
  6. I bought into the hype a few months ago and purchased Pink Punch. The packaging is really cute, but the balm didn't moisture my lips at all. I do like the colour payoff of it however as it's a very pretty pink. Cherry Me looks like a nice colour as well! x

    Hilary | MakeupbyHilary.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they moisturise my lips but not for long and yeah the colour payoff is okay for what it is and it is a nice shade x

      Delete
  7. As hyped as these have been this is the first review I've actually read :) I never realised they were so cheap! Would be great for stocking fillers or to add to Christmas presents :) - I love lip products!

    Meimei xx

    www.meimeisays.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried Baby Lips yet, so torn whether to try them or not. Cherry Me looks lovely, and they really are a bargain for £2.99 :)


    Charlee
    CharmedCharlee 
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are nice I just think there over hyped for what they are :) xx

      Delete
  9. I haven't tried babylips but all reviews I've read seem to think they're a bit overhyped too! They do look nice as tinted lipbalms but I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy one :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally managed to find your blog via my laptop haha :P
    I would be grateful if you could follow me back :)
    (www.tasha-meline.blogspot.co.uk)
    x

    ReplyDelete